Skill Requirements and Attitude
- Practical knowledge of basic user-research methodologies. Ability to outline, support, and participate in research activities.
- Comfortable with and interested in consuming quantitative metrics to inform design.
- Familiar with best practices for A/B testing, data collection, and interpretation.
- Ability to socialize research outcomes with stakeholders and team members.
- Confident communicating design rationale to stakeholders and team members.
- Ability to describe success metrics for design contribution and have a passion evaluating design solutions with qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Ability to juggle multiple simultaneous projects which requires balancing long term strategic projects with last-minute fixes and short-term solutions.
- Comfortable contributing to strategy and making decisions in an ambiguous environment.
- Sound knowledge of core design methods, and sensitivity to design values at a pixel, layout, and interaction level.
- Understanding of consumer software and technical challenges present in cloud-based applications.
- Understand customer problems, clearly define design solutions, and provide detailed deliverables within Agile/Scrum system constraints.
- Design user flows, interactions, and features that improve product value for continued, measurable growth and success.
- Drive strategic alignment among stakeholders through sound, data-informed design solutions and recommendations.
- Collaborate with art directors, digital marketers, content marketers, growth managers, SEO specialists, and other UX designers to improve experience around paywalls, on boarding, and conversion paths.
- Support engineers in translating and implementing your designs.
- Strengthen design team and help evangelize design within organization.
- 4+ years of UX design experience.
- Experience designing for B-to-C. Ecommerce experience preferred.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in visual design, marketing communications, human factors, user experience, psychology, computer science, software interface design, web development, or a related field.