- Manage the technical implementations of new customers. You’ll work directly with each new customer to understand technical requirements, manage timelines, and encourage effective business process change. You will be their expert and point of contact from post-sale introductions through deployment.
- Collaborate with Customer Success Managers to plan and deliver monthly public webinars for current and potential B2B customers on technical topics and best practices.
- Completely manage the InDesign import process for new customers. You’ll work directly with the Customer Success Managers to build customer expertise by importing files for customers and training graphic designers from universities and businesses—many of which are top organizations in their industry.
- Design and maintain content to educate Lucidpress users on new and existing features. You will develop tutorial activities, write clear instructions, and organize articles to improve the overall user experience. You may also design email campaigns, videos, and other creative pieces. An eye for design and instruction is essential.
- Communicate regularly with the product, sales, and marketing teams to improve the implementation experience, develop key features, and better prepare customers for success.
- Organized: You can manage multiple projects with ease.
- Communicator: You can communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
- Writing: You are well versed in grammar, editing, and explaining difficult subjects.
- Creative: You know the basic principles of design. Bonus if you know the Adobe Suite such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Initiative: Not only do you take ownership, but you recognize areas that can be improved and take the steps to make it happen.
- Flexible: You feel comfortable in a flexible environment (we’re growing quickly).
- BA or BS with a focus on communications, marketing, advertising, and/or teaching.
- 1-3 years in a technical implementation, training, consulting, or project management role. Prior experience in a Software as a Service (SaaS) startup or mid-sized company is preferred.